Update from Dr. Shetzer – 9-28-20

It has been less than a week since I communicated with you our reopening plan and I already have an update! Things change so quickly that sometimes it feels as if we are running a race and the finish line keeps moving another mile up the road. Regardless, we are Team Pershing and we know we will make it work!

Let me begin by addressing the rumor that we are moving from 6-foot spacing to 3-foot spacing between desks. Dr. Lathan sent out an email to parents last week regarding an update on face- to-face instruction. The email included an important update regarding the spacing in classrooms. Per the Communicable Disease Plan, classrooms must be reconfigured to ensure six feet of physical distancing between desks, whenever possible. Reduced space would only be implemented as needed, with the goal continuing to be to place as much space as possible between desks. At this time, our classrooms are set up with 6-foot spacing. Adjustments will be made only if absolutely necessary.

In my original communication with you earlier last week, I stated that students who remained virtual would have new teachers. In that same communication I shared that things could change. I have some good news! To minimize the number of schedule changes needed, Dr. Lathan announced this weekend that we will be working on a plan to keep students with their teachers as much as possible. We recognize that relationships have already been built and we will do everything we can to not fracture those. Please be patient as we work on the details of the plan.

As always, thank you for your support! We could not do this without you!

Steven Shetzer, Principal

Advertising helps supplement this free website by DigitalPTO.com | Disable Ads Here