Update from Dr. Shetzer – 10-06-20

As you know we are reopening for face-to-face instruction beginning October 19, 2020. I know many of you are anxious to know what that will look like – both for those returning face-to-face and those remaining virtual. Currently we have 650 (about 38%) of our students returning for face-to-face instruction on October 19. I cannot tell you how excited I am to see the kids! A school is just a building until you have some students in it! I will be holding a parent meeting on Thursday, October 8 from 6:30 – 8:00 pm to discuss our reopening plan. Information about joining the meeting can be found here. Pershing MS Virtual Parent Meeting Flyer 10082020.pdf

IMPORTANT: Each year we send home “first day” packets with important forms that need to be completed. Since this year is different, HISD has placed the first day forms in the HISD Connect Parent Portal. Please take a moment to access the forms in the Parent Portal and complete. The one form that is most critical is the Socio-Economic Information Form (SIF). This is directly tied to our funding and if we do not receive them back, we could potentially lose over $250,000 of extra funding we depend on to offer the programs that we do for your children. You can complete the form in either the Parent Portal or you may visit this link to complete the form. We need the forms completed by October 23rd so that we can enter the data into our information system. Thank you!

I look forward to “seeing” all of you on Thursday for our important parent meeting regarding the reopening of Pershing Middle School. As always, if you have any questions, please reach out to your child’s counselor or assistant principal.

Have a great day!

Steven Shetzer, Principal

Previous COVID updates

Advertising helps supplement this free website by DigitalPTO.com | Disable Ads Here